Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm Getting Old Too Fast

The story goes like this: I go to the Ear-Nose-Throat clinic because I’m tired of my ears being plugged up all the time. Seems my ears are NOT plugged up. I need frickin’ hearing aids. I can’t believe it. Apparently it’s “advanced” hearing loss for my age. I just put the capital “O” in OLD. I’ve already got trifocals and now I’m getting hearing aids? HA! All I need now are dentures, a walker and a case of Depends and I’ve got all the playing pieces for the “Game of Old”. It can’t be --- I’m only plenty-six years old.

CAUTION: No, “What? I can’t hear you”, jokes. You know who you are?

Note: Not the same kind of hearing loss as my mother’s.

2 comments:

oreydc said...

a big hug... (being good, trying not to say it...)... now lets talk about style, I suggest the skin color, with a diamond bling goin...

Corie said...

Im right behind you...just saving up the money to pay for them...tired of saying "What?" "Excuse me?" "Dont turn away when you talk please" or
"could you turn the TV up just a little bit??"

Sigh...

We will get through this TOGETHER Jer Bear. xox